About Me

I am a soon-to-be Momma. I love my plants, my dogs, and home made bread. I adore my boyfriend, and am blessed to know him. I am an Urban Planner by training, Grant Writer by trade.

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Counting down the weeks! 35...


Ginger Snap This Week (35) almost... 

SPECS at 35 weeks development: ~18 inches and ~5lbs (every baby is developing at different rates by this point, so these are pure online speculations!)  Ok, I know I haven't posted in a while, and I realized something pretty significant during this blogging process.  I intended this to be an avenue to update my loved ones, my friends and my acquaintances.  I was originally afraid I wouldn't be able to keep everyone up to date. Now... I'm too tired! I'm sorry everyone!

Factoid: "Developmentally, your wee womb-tenant has the fat-factory running at full tilt while their digestive system puts the finishing touches on critical organs in preparation for their first meal." http://pregnancy.baby-gaga.com/calendar/week35

Momma This Week

Sam and I at the shower =) Happy as can be!
I've been thoroughly enjoying the chiropractor lately.  I've been recuperating - each day - from each day's activities.  I'm learning new ways to eat, breathe, and attempt a good night's sleep. I'm still walking - although sometimes a bit slower than I think I am walking. I am gardening only a little bit, and generally, trying to relaaaxxx. Baby is active, yet gentle. I have no complaints about this stage. Actually, when I find myself complaining, I try to reign myself back in, because you know what? This is a short lived experience, and it's o.k. to be uncomfortable for a while. I mean, it's not all the time I'll have the honor of growing a baby! This week I go see the midwives, then it's weekly visits starting next week. Good thing I'm beginning to assemble my birthing-center bag... because baby, we are getting close!

Praises for Dad

Had the best foot massage of my life today. Watched him assemble all of our baby gear (I held the trash-bag open). He's bound and determined to be there for me and help any way he can. He bought me flowers last week because it just seemed like it was a "flowers" day for me. I was very touched. I mean, who does that just out of the goodness of their heart? He's the man! 

Experiences

We had a fantastic baby shower a few weeks ago! My intention was to have a family-oriented party. Nothing more or less.  And I think it was a success. I had fun, enjoyed myself and was able to see my close friends, family and meet more of Sam's! It was a pool party, with homemade food - compliments of Sam!! - and just all around relaxation.  We could not have pulled it off without Tricia, my mom, Theresa, Marie/Andrew, the Pachlers, Jodi, and others I am sure I am forgetting. I've never enjoyed a traditional baby shower, so it was a shot in the dark at something a bit different, and I think it went well!  Thank-you notes are this week....  so thanks for your patience, all, because we really are grateful for the baby gifts, your company and an overall great time!

Other news.... Wyatt and Chloe are very excited about the coming of the new baby. Yes, they told me. (right Jake?!) And, they like to rest their head on my belly, smell my belly, and curl around it. I think they're going to be great at being a big brother and big sister =)

*sigh sigh* Please - everyone - only happy birth advice, stories and encouragement. I realize people (even strangers) think their advice is the end all of everything, but if it's not requested, please don't tell me anything with a bad-spin anymore.  I've been very very very willing to hear people out, but I've reached my limits of appeasing others and listening to their variations of advice and horror stories, and embarrassing moments of their birth and pregnancy. This is my experience - if I want to know what you went through, I'll ask. So otherwise, just be uplifting and positive. Nothing more or less.  I don't want to have to listen to the negative things you went through. I do want to hear all of the great things you went through! So send those along, but please be courteous that I'm sensitive right now, and don't want to be inundated with "your" experience. I'm trying to have mine unadulterated by negative stories =)

Until next time.... and maybe next time little baby will make a picture debut!
x's and o's,
-Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment