About Me

I am a soon-to-be Momma. I love my plants, my dogs, and home made bread. I adore my boyfriend, and am blessed to know him. I am an Urban Planner by training, Grant Writer by trade.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Beginnings

I've never blogged before - never. I used to keep a journal, email friends, and until recently, I was on Facebook.  I fired Facebook, and went back to emailing friends.  However, strange as it may seem *ahem*, with my pregnancy, I've found it extremely difficult to keep everyone as up to date as they'd like via email, phone calls, text, etc.  And, I'm not considering hiring Facebook back anytime soon.  So here I am.

I'm 15 weeks 2 days pregnant. And, I'm beginning to feel like I am pregnant (more than just knowing I am). My pants don't fit, my (bigger) bras don't fit, and I'm starting to have mini contractions.  It's a very interesting experience. It's not strange, it's different, and it's been an adjustment.  And, yeah, I like it.

Ginger Snap This Week:
Growing. Haha. From what I've been reading... Specs: ~4", ~2.5 oz
True Fact: "Many of your baby's major organ systems are increasing in capacity - especially their amazing tiny heart and circulatory system, which is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood per day, and will increase to a very impressive 200 quarts per day by the end of the pregnancy." http://pregnancy.baby-gaga.com/calendar/week15
Wild, isn't it?! Yeah, when I read that, my mouth dropped - cannot deny another living being it's blood flow! 

 Me This Week:
I miss wine. Yeah, I do. It's alright, I'm drinking lemonade and a whole lot more water.  I started walking everyday since this past weekend, which the dogs appreciate, my body appreciates, and thankfully, my emotions have soared! It's nice to be in the second trimester.  I started my garden too, well, my indoor seeds. I finally went grocery shopping. And, I attempted to sew maternity pants. Attempted - will keep trying! Took a deep breath and bought maternity pants at Motherhood... rough at best, but I did!.

Praises for Dad (S):
He works so hard, makes me so proud. We spent great time together this weekend. He cheered me on as I attempted to retrofit Banana Republic jeans into momma-jeans, bought me Chinese food, occupied Wyatt and Chloe while I had a crying fit, and took me to an amazing brunch on Sunday. Couldn't ask for more. Still want to try his homemade chili sometime soon.  =)

Experiences:
Oh Toys 'R Us, and Baby's 'R Us, how anxiety giving you are... S and I ventured inside the enormous store.  It was a good test of our patience, and mental strength. We slowly walked the aisles, eyes wide with wonder, making mental note of every price tag, color, pattern, size, and, oh... my... goodness...

It was really helpful - we were able to see everything in ONE place, determine what we like and don't like (for starters), and get used to being around strollers, car seats, onesies, bottles, diapers, cribs... etc. It was good. It was really good. And we left the store before it could be too much. We found our limit and listened. I started making small mental notes about what I wanted to look for now in consignment shops and for patterns to sew. I don't want to be flooded with "things." If you know me, you'll know that already. I'm afraid with the level of people S knows, we will be flooded regardless of what we want or say. So from there, I'll prepare to be thankful.

That's that. Until next week.

-Michelle

4 comments:

  1. Let me know what kinds of things you are looking for! I have many friends with growing toddlers now and I'm sure they'll be happy to give some stuff up! LOVE YOU! MISS YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it...this is a beautiful blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls! Love you both too! (Jenny I know that's you!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a great list one of my friends emailed me of stuff to put on a baby registry! It proved to be extremely helpful! With so many brands to choose from, it's good to have a mama's angle on what works best! If you're interested let me know and I'll send it to you. :)

    ReplyDelete