About Me

I am a soon-to-be Momma. I love my plants, my dogs, and home made bread. I adore my boyfriend, and am blessed to know him. I am an Urban Planner by training, Grant Writer by trade.

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Banana Trees and Weeding: 18 weeks 4 days


Ginger Snap This Week

SPECS: ~6 inches (from head to rump); ~7ounces!!!!!

Did you know? "Your baby may hear your heart beating, your stomach rumbling or blood moving through the umbilical cord. He or she may even be startled by loud noises. Tiny air sacs called alveoli begin to form in lungs and the vocal chords are formed. Baby goes through the motions of crying but without air doesn't make a sound; yet. Your baby may have the same awake and sleep patterns of a newborn. Baby will have a favorite position for sleep and recognizable active and rest periods." http://www.baby2see.com/development/week18.html
So Ginger Snap can cry! Our little baby! This also just blows my mind that this little being may be startled around loud noises... so it's now appropriate to start "shooshing" people and telling them the baby is sleeping, right? I guess my dogs have a lot to learn!

Mamma This Week

Hormones were last week (an every week!); but this week, I took a temporary hiatus from sewing, and refocused on my plants. I have 40 tomato plants (seedlings that are growing!!), 12 cauliflowers (for Sam), and 12 peppers (variety). This doesn't include what I plan to plant straight in the ground. This past week my roommate and I dug our nails into the garden and started weeding, while jamming to 70's folk music. Talk about peacefulness. My little belly is beginning to be a small impediment to full gardening, but I adjusted and moved around in my new shifting way. It's absolutely crazy; the things I used to "jump" to do, I now seem to "crawl." Another lesson in taking life slow and enjoying this one step, breath and movement at a time. I also (finally) went through my dresser and closet and sifted through my clothes. They're bagged and ready for storage until next year. I can't fit into my favorite pants, t-shirts or cute work tops. But it's not goodbye forever. Please tell me it's not goodbye forever!

Praises for Dad

I'm embarrassed - he's read more of our birthing book than I have! Talk about serious praises for Dad! I also find that if I have a question about something related to baby development, medicines I'm allowed to take, or food that is best for me, he has the answer! It's comforting how involved he is at each step of our pregnancy, and how he in making sure he is knowledgeable and encouraging. He's going to be an amazing Daddio.  He also took me to a yummy yummy steak dinner - the wonders a dose of iron can do for this pregnant body! What a blessing he is. Also, he was a great host through downtown Annapolis - see below!

Experiences

Girl, look at that body!
My beautiful cousin came to visit me! I've discovered how touched I feel when people come to visit me (my best friend from college came in February, and it melted my heart!). I know Annapolis isn't that far away from other areas in the Maryland/Virginia area, but sometimes it feels like a major trek.  We walked downtown Annapolis, window shopped and giggled. Thank you cousin!!! She brought me a gift from my aunt - a banana tree! I am telling you, that made my day! I love banana trees, and (accidentally) killed mine last year. It adds so much to the front yard, and just makes me smile. On a sad note, I'm  preparing to say my goodbyes to my Jeep of 7.5 years. She's a great Jeep. So with that, I'm less able to travel around right now, which means even more that I had a visitor this week! Ok people - want to see what I look like this week? I'm not sure it's that much of a change, but you tell me. 18 weeks (Tuesday) when pic was taken.

Peace.

2 comments: