About Me

I am a soon-to-be Momma. I love my plants, my dogs, and home made bread. I adore my boyfriend, and am blessed to know him. I am an Urban Planner by training, Grant Writer by trade.

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Halftime... with No Break =)


Ginger Snap This Week

Folks - we saw our baby this past week! Moving, hiccuping, squirming around, the whole sha-bang!! Until this week, I've been reliant upon the web for approximate "specs" of how GS's development is going.  However, this week we have the real deal!!!!

SPECS: 
  • 12" head to toe; 10.5 ounces! 
  • 2 parts of the brain 
  • 4 parts of the heart
  • 2 kidneys
  • 10 toes
  • 10 fingers (8 plus 2 thumbs) haha 
My neck was kinked all around while the technician was performing the sonogram; Sam was upright, focused and (filming!).  I really wish I was sitting upright and watch the sonogram with more intensity than I could, but it was a beautiful experience! (And, if I had been sitting up, the sonogram wouldn't have quite been the same!) The midwives only require 3 sonograms - 1 at the beginning to confirm pregnancy, 1 in the middle to confirm appropriate development, and 1 at the end(ish) to make sure the baby's head is in the right position for entry into the world! Evidently there's no safe amount that has been proven for babies - so we valued the entire experience for 45 minutes. And about melted when we left and looked at the pictures.  Our little baby has a button nose! We can't tell if it's Sam's nose or my nose, but hey, it's a freaking cute nose! 

Mamma This Week

I was sick as a dog this past week. Today was the first day in over 8 days I wasn't "medicine head" and full of malaise. Thankfully the cold/sinus infection/gross-ness has been treated, and I am ramping back up to speed with my normal energetic self.  I am getting better at hand-sewing, narrowing down priorities, and kicking my feet up.  But, the sonogram was the highlight of my week! I also have a wider selection of maternity clothes, thanks to the maternity closet here in my neighborhood.  (Thanks, Jess!) I'm very thankful that I've made it to the halfway point of the pregnancy - can't say it's a breeze all the time - as my ever-growing-baby is taking over my body. But it's halftime! And no break. But still... halftime! Oh yeah, Tuesday April 17 is 20 weeks!! (I forgot to take a 19 week pic!) 

Praises for Dad

He is ON his game. Busy, dedicated, getting things done.  He was a complete champ after we went to the sonogram - I had a primary care appointment directly afterwards, then went to look at maternity clothes. He was incredibly supportive, and breathed through my stress. (It was a great day, but a very long one, too).  With camera in hand, he was able to document our baby. With smiles, love and cheer, he hasn't skipped a beat. And I benefit from it each day. As does Gingersnap - who has graciously kicked Daddy in the hand a number of times! Here's to Praises for Dad, Week 20! *Cheers!*

Experiences

I work for a non-profit, and one day this past week an email was sent out focusing on love, from a website focused entirely on gratitude.  It made me cry with realization that it's true. I'd like to share it.

"Those who love you are not fooled by mistakes you have made or dark images you hold about yourself. They remember your beauty when you feel ugly; your wholeness when you are broken; your innocence when you feel guilty; and your purpose when you are confused."
                                                          African saying

Love,
Michelle

1 comment:

  1. I tell you what. If I thought this was real before. Now that I saw that sonogram I know its as real as me typing this comment right now. It's just simply amazing to see our child inside Michelles belly. Such a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete